16 People Killed In Nangarhar Attack

Local authorities in Nangarhar province say during clashes and attack on a private company in Behsod district, 16 employees of the company and four attackers have been killed.

According to Middle East Press; around 9:10 am today (Wednesday, March 06), a number of armed invaders attacked on EBE private company located near Nangarhar airport.

Provincial Governor Ataullah Khogiani said; the attack began with an explosion at the entrance gate of the company and then the attackers clashed with armed security forces.

He declared the attack ended after nearly two hours, when five attackers were killed.

Khogyani says; 16 employees of the private company were killed and 9 others were injured. Adding that the wounded were transferred to local hospital and two of them are in serious condition.

Governor`s spokesman, saying clean-up operations are ongoing by security forces, said two suicide vests, a car bomb and a number of explosives were also destroyed by security forces.

So far no group or individual claimed responsibility of the attack.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *