KABUL: (Middle East Press) The US-led coalition air strikes targeted northern Syria leaving at least 17 civilians, including two children dead, and dozens of others wounded, a report says.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported on Friday that the attack was launched in the province of Aleppo targeting a village on the eastern banks of the Euphrates River.

Rami Abdulrahman, who runs the Britain-based group, noted that there were entire families among the dead and wounded.

Last month, the observatory reported that the US-led strikes have so far claimed the lives of at least 66 civilians in Syria since they started last September.

Since September 2014, the US along with its regional allies has been conducting airstrikes against the ISIL Takfiri terrorists inside Syria without any authorization from Damascus or a UN mandate. This is while many of the countries joining the so-called anti-terror coalition, such as Saudi Arabia and Qatar, have been the staunch supporters of the Takfiri elements fighting the Syrian government.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said during an interview in March that the US-led military campaign does not aim to “do away” with the terror group.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.