Turkey Unable To Confirm If Bomber On Wedding Was A Child

Turkish wedding bomb attackMEP: Turkish authorities are so far unable to verify the organization responsible for the August 21 wedding bombing that left 51 people dead and 69 more injured, Prime Minister Binali Yildirim told reporters, adding that it is also still unclear whether the suicide bomber was a child.

“We are not in a position to verify anything about who the perpetrator was – if it was a child, an adult, or for which organization,” Yildirim said, as quoted by Reuters.

On Sunday, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that the suicide bomber was a child between the age of 12 and 14 and that Daesh (ISIS/ISIL) terrorist group was behind the attack.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *