ISIL Executed 21 Egyptian Christians

KABUL: (Middle East Press) A new video has been released by the ISIL Takfiri militants showing the beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians kidnapped in Libya following an earlier announcement of the terror act in an issue of their magazine, Dabiq.

KABUL: (Middle East Press) A new video has been released by the ISIL Takfiri militants showing the beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians kidnapped in Libya following an earlier announcement of the terror act in an issue of their magazine, Dabiq.

The video were released on Sunday, shows the handcuffed hostages dressed in orange jumpsuits.

The militants say in the video that the killings are revenge for “Muslim women persecuted by Coptic crusaders in Egypt.”

“Safety for you crusaders is something you can only wish for,” one of the militants says while waving a knife.

Following the incident, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi offered his condolences to the Egyptian people, called for urgent security talks and announced a seven-day mourning period in the African country.

The ISIL had earlier published the photos of the 21 Egyptian workers, claiming that the pictures were taken moments before their beheading.

The workers, whose photos were published in the latest online edition of Dabiq, were reportedly abducted in the Libyan coastal city of Sirte in two attacks in December last year and January.

Speaking on national television following the release of the video, President Sisi has stated that Egypt reserves right to respond in a “suitable way” to the killings.

“Egypt reserves the right to respond in a suitable way and time to punish these murderers,” Sisi said in a televised speech.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.