KABUL: (Middle East Press) The Islamic Republic of Iran is to send a medical group to Yemen to treat those wounded in the recent fatal bomb blasts in the Sanaa province of Yemen, A senior Iranian official says.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said earlier on Saturday and condemned the terrorist bomb attacks that hit two mosques packed with worshippers in Sana’a, saying that Tehran is ready to treat the wounded as soon as possible.
“A team of volunteer veteran Iranian surgeons is prepared to be dispatched to Sana’a to treat the wounded at the site [of the incident],” the Iranian diplomat added.
“The team is set to enter Sana’a or to treat the wounded in Iran as soon as Yemeni officials agree,” Amir-Abdollahian said.
At least 137 have been killed and more than 300 were injured after four bomb attacks were carried out at two mosques in Sana’a on Friday.
A branch of the ISIL terrorist group in Yemen claimed responsibility for the bombings in an online statement, warning that the attacks were “just the tip of the iceberg.”